Red Wings' White out 2-3 weeks with cut leg
DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings have lost another defenseman to an injury.
Red Wings general manager Ken Holland says Ian White will be out two to three weeks after having surgery Wednesday to repair a deep leg laceration. Holland says some muscles in White's leg had to be reattached during the surgery. White was hurt during Detroit's 2-1 loss to Dallas on Tuesday night.
The Red Wings will be without defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo for about a month with a shoulder injury. They tried to bolster their blue line on Tuesday by signing 33-year-old defenseman Kent Huskins to a one-year contract.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
- Six players to wear new, lighter equipment
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Women's Detorit Red Wings Queensboro Red Hoodie