Jackets activate Calvert, send down winger
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Columbus Blue Jackets have activated left wing Matt Calvert off injured reserve and have reassigned center Jonathan Audy-Marchessault (OH'-dee-MAHR'-shuh-soh) to their American Hockey League affiliate in Springfield, Mass.
Calvert, scoreless in six games this season, missed Columbus' last three games as a result of a lower body injury suffered Jan. 28 vs. Dallas.
The 22-year-old Audy-Marchessault made his NHL debut on Thursday vs. St. Louis after being recalled from Springfield a day earlier. The 5-foot-9, 175-pound forward also skated in Saturday's 4-2 home win over Detroit. Named the AHL's player of the month for January, Audy-Marchessault has a team-high 45 points on 16 goals and 29 assists in 42 games with the Falcons.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley out for season after collapse
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Backlund, Flames bombard struggling Ducks
- Canucks win SO; Kesler hurt, out 'a while'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Custom Men's Columbus Blue Jackets Blue Third Premier Jersey