Islanders sign minor league forward Brett Gallant
UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- The New York Islanders agreed to terms on a one-year, entry-level contract with forward Brett Gallant on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old Gallant, currently playing with the Islanders' AHL affiliate, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, is in his fourth professional season. He is third in the AHL with 174 penalty minutes in 37 games this season.
Overall, Gallant registered three goals, one assist and 327 penalty minutes over 77 games with the Sound Tigers. He has also played for Syracuse of the AHL and Elmira and Reading in the ECHL.
During his time as a pro player over four seasons, Gallant has five goals, four assists and 649 penalty minutes in 143 games.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- St. Louis' SO goal delivers Lightning by Wings
- Jackets pounce early, extend Rangers' skid
- Iginla, Seidenberg help B's hold off Oilers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's New York Islanders Replicant Flex Hat