Bruins push back start of Lightning game to 7 p.m.
The game scheduled for 1 p.m. is now to start at 7 p.m. The Bruins and Lightning each already had road games scheduled for Sunday night.
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick declared a state of emergency and banned travel on roads as of 4 p.m. on Friday in anticipation of a blizzard that could bring nearly a yard of snow to the region. Public transportation also shut down Friday afternoon.
The storm was expected to clear the area by early Saturday afternoon.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Panthers jump Sabres to win NHL draft lottery
- Malkin aims to return for Game 1 of playoffs
- Predators coach Trotz out after 15 seasons
- Hartley's boss defends coach over Sedin hit
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Boston Bruins Dart Cabinet