Blackhawks goalie Crawford lifted after 1st period
Crawford made six saves to help the streaking Blackhawks take a 1-0 lead into the first intermission Thursday. Chicago began the night with at least one point in its first 19 games (16-0-3), an NHL record.
Crawford, who was 8-0-3, was making his second start since returning from an upper-body injury on Sunday. He made 28 saves in a 1-0 win over Columbus after missing the previous four games.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Chicago Blackhawks Red Phoenix Polo