Panthers G Theodore injured early vs. Hurricanes
Theodore, the 2002 NHL MVP with Montreal, kicked out his right pad to stop Jussi Jokinen on a 2-on-1 rush and immediately crumpled to the ice on the rebound attempt.
He was replaced by Scott Clemmensen after only 2:22 had elapsed, and a Panthers official said Theodore wouldn't return to the game.
Theodore (4-6-3) entered play Saturday night with a 3.30 goals against average and an .892 save percentage. Last season, a knee injury forced Theodore to be sidelined over two stretches of time.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Rangers, Zuccarello avoid arbitration with deal
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Florida Panthers Two Pack Backseat Utility Mats