Sabres prospect F Jacobs signs with AHL Rochester
ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Buffalo Sabres prospect forward Colin Jacobs has signed an amateur tryout contract with the team's American Hockey League affiliate in Rochester.
From Coppell, Texas, Jacobs was the Sabres' fourth-round pick in the 2011 NHL draft. He was eligible to be signed by Rochester once his junior career ended last weekend, when Prince George failed to qualify for the Western Hockey League playoffs.
Listed at 6-foot-2 and 207 pounds, Jacobs was named Prince George's player of the year after leading the Cougars with 53 points (25 goals, 28 assists) in 66 games. Overall, he had 44 goals, 45 assists and 234 penalty minutes in 186 career games.
Rochester announced the signing on its website Tuesday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Buffalo Sabres Division Quarter-Zip Navy/Gold Pullover