Sabres LW Vanek day to day with hip injury
Interim coach Ron Rolston listed Vanek as day to day on Wednesday, a day after the player was hurt in a 3-2 overtime win at Montreal. Vanek did not return after being struck by a shot taken by teammate Christian Ehrhoff midway through the second period.
Rolston said Vanek was feeling little bit better, but his playing status will depend on how much pain he can tolerate. Vanek was spotted walking with a noticeable limp in a players' area outside the locker room Wednesday.
He leads Buffalo with 14 goals, 17 assists and 31 points.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blues' Tarasenko needs surgery, out 6 weeks
- Boychuk (leg) out for Bruins, is day to day
- Stajan thankful for support after death of son
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Buffalo Sabres Navy Signature Fleece Hoodie