Stars send Smith and prospect from trade to AHL
The moves Tuesday came two days after the Stars sent longtime captain Brenden Morrow to Pittsburgh for Joe Morrow in a trade that also involved draft picks.
The 21-year-old Smith has six points in 28 games with Dallas this season, including an assist in Monday's 7-4 loss to Minnesota. He has 27 points for the Texas Stars this season.
The 20-year-old Joe Morrow had 15 points in 57 games for Pittsburgh's AHL affiliate, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. He was a first-round pick by Pittsburgh in 2011.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Sharks shrug off Rangers to win 6th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Black Point Polo