Penguins D Kris Letang back on injured reserve
PITTSBURGH -- Kris Letang's comeback didn't last long.
Letang returned from the IR on Tuesday night after missing three games due to the injury. He appeared in some discomfort following his first shift but played more than 24 minutes in a 1-0 win over the Montreal Canadiens.
Despres, brought back up early Wednesday, has played well during his first season and his plus-10 plus/minus rating ranks in the top 10 among rookies.
Pittsburgh goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury also sustained an undisclosed injury Tuesday after colliding with a pair of players in the second period. Fleury did not return for the third period and is being re-evaluated Wednesday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Capitals bring back Orlov for two years, $4M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Kris Letang #58 Player Replica Black T-Shirt