Wild send recovering Harding on conditioning stint
Harding hasn't played since Feb. 6, when he soon after developed complications from medication he was taking for multiple sclerosis. Harding was diagnosed with the disease last summer, but he reported no initial problems and posted a 24-save shutout in his 2013 debut on Jan. 20 against Dallas.
With starter Niklas Backstrom playing well and the shortened season making the playoff chase as tight as ever, the Wild have given Harding time all the needs to recover. He resumed practicing with the team last week.
The Wild's AHL affiliate, the Houston Aeros, finish the regular season this weekend with games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley out for season after collapse
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Backlund, Flames bombard struggling Ducks
- Canucks win SO; Kesler hurt, out 'a while'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Minnesota Wild Niklas Backstrom #32 Hunter Green Alternate Premier Jersey