LA Kings activate D Matt Greene after 42 games out
The Kings moved Greene off injured reserve on Friday, adding another important veteran for their playoff push.
Greene injured his back in the Kings' opener Jan. 19 against Chicago. He missed 42 games with the injury, but returned to the ice for practice in recent weeks.
He could boost the Kings as they jockey with San Jose for the fourth playoff seed in the Western Conference.
Greene was a major part of the Kings' sturdy defense during last season's title run, but Greene and fellow veteran defenseman Willie Mitchell have missed virtually the entire season with injuries, forcing Los Angeles to trade for Robyn Regehr and Keaton Ellerby.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
- Ducks bring back Vatanen on 2-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Los Angeles Kings Gold Coin Etched Acrylic