Wild re-sign Veilleux to 2-year contract
The 31-year-old Veilleux played most of last season with Houston in the AHL. As a late call-up for more energy for the fourth line, he appeared in two of Minnesota's playoff games against Chicago. The two-way contract means he'll have a lesser salary if he's in the minors. The Wild have moved their AHL affiliate to Iowa for the 2013-14 season.
Veilleux was a third-round draft pick by the Wild in 2001 who was with the team until 2009. After brief stints with Tampa Bay and New Jersey, he rejoined Minnesota in a trade last year. Veilleux has 101 points in 460 career NHL games.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Sharks shrug off Rangers to win 6th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Minnesota Wild Mosley Charcoal Sweater