Blues re-sign defenseman Shattenkirk
Coach Ken Hitchcock and general manager Doug Armstrong said after the Blues were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs that they did not anticipate widespread changes but that they expected more from their top players.
The 24-year-old Shattenkirk was among the scoring leaders by a defenseman with 23 points. Since entering the NHL in 2010, he's fourth among American-born defensemen with 109 points.
The 25-year-old Berglund was second on the team with 17 goals and tied for fourth with 25 points. He leads the Blues with 36 goals the last two seasons.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
- Blackhawks chase Emery, rough up Flyers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's St. Louis Blues Digital Camouflage Green Practice Jersey