Bruins promote Gretzky, Hall of Famer's brother
BOSTON -- The Boston Bruins have promoted Keith Gretzky, the younger brother of the hockey Hall of Famer, to director of amateur scouting.
The team also hired P.J. Axelsson as a European amateur scout and named Keith Sullivan an amateur scout.
Gretzky joined the Bruins organization in 2011 as an amateur scout. He has also scouted for the Phoenix Coyotes.
Axelsson spent 11 years with the Bruins as a player before joining the organization as an amateur scout.
Sullivan spent four seasons with the Coyotes and one with the Winnipeg Jets.
Also Tuesday, the Bruins, the defending Eastern Conference champions, renewed their affiliation with the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks drop Canucks in OT to complete rally
- Devils GM Lamoriello to help behind bench
- Predators waive Roy, assign Stalberg to AHL
- Devils' Elias, Ryder diagnosed with mumps
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Boston Bruins Heisman Full-zip Black Track Jacket