BC-CAR--Auto Package Digest, CAR
The Auto Racing Package for Feb. 26 and thereafter. For questions, please call (212) 621-1630. Sports Photos, ext. 1918; Graphics, ext. 6907. Reruns of stories and agate are available from http://apexchange.com or from the Service Desk (800-838-4616).
CAR--AROUND THE TRACK
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- When the rain finally stopped some six hours after the Daytona 500 was brought to a water-logged halt, those who stuck with NASCAR to watch the finish from the grandstands or on television were treated to one of the most intense races in memory. As NASCAR heads West for a two-race swing through Phoenix and Las Vegas, the challenge becomes duplicating the Daytona 500 so that the remaining 36 events are half as exciting. By Auto Racing Writer Jenna Fryer. UPCOMING: 800 words, photos by 5 p.m. ET.
Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone says his series and NASCAR won't be competing for the same motorsport fans in Texas when they hold races 190 miles apart in November. Ecclestone dismissed on Wednesday any clash between the series, after the top executive at Texas Motor Speedway called F1 "arrogant" for scheduling the United States Grand Prix in Austin on the same weekend that his track hosts NASCAR in Fort Worth. SENT: 425 words, photos.
- CAR--Auto Racing Glance. Sent.
- CAR--NASCAR Sprint Cup Schedule. Sent.
- CAR--NASCAR Nationwide Schedule. Sent.
- CAR--NASCAR Camping World Schedule. Sent.
- CAR--NHRA Schedule. Sent.
- CAR--IndyCar Schedule. Sent.
- CAR--Formula One Schedule. Sent.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Colts owner Irsay arrested on suspected DWI
- Florida, Zona, Wichita, UVa get No. 1 seeds
- Brown, SMU snubbed by NCAA tournament
- AAC's standing may have led to L'ville seed