BC-CAR--Auto Package Digest, CAR
Auto Racing Package for Sept. 4 and thereafter. For questions, please call (212) 621-1630. Sports Photos, ext. 1918; Graphics, ext. 6907. Reruns of stories and agate are available from http://apexchange.com or from the Service Desk (800-838-4616).
AROUND THE TRACK:
CAR--AROUND THE TRACK
Dale Earnhardt Jr. will have a new look during the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship as Hendrick Motorports has finally sold off the remaining inventory on his No. 88 Chevrolet. Time Warner Cable signed on as primary sponsor for five races this season, beginning Saturday night at Richmond in the final race before the 12-driver Chase field is set. By Auto Racing Writer Jenna Fryer.
MILAN -- The race for pole position will go a long way to deciding the winner of the Italian Grand Prix this week, with Sebastian Vettel keen to step closer to a fourth straight Formula One title. The Monza track features four long straights where drivers reach speeds of 205 mph. That suits Vettel, because the Red Bull driver is notoriously hard to stop once he makes a flying start. Five of the past six winners at Monza started from pole. By Jerome Pugmire. Sent.
- CAR--Auto Racing Glance. Sent.
- CAR--NASCAR Sprint Cup Schedule. Sent.
- CAR--NASCAR Nationwide Schedule. Sent.
- CAR--NASCAR Camping World Schedule. Sent.
- CAR--NHRA Schedule. Sent.
- CAR--IndyCar Schedule. Sent.
- CAR--Formula One Schedule. Sent.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida, Zona, Wichita, UVa get No. 1 seeds
- Brown, SMU snubbed by NCAA tournament
- AAC's standing may have led to L'ville seed
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke to reign in ACC