CLIP REEL: BUZZIE BAVASI'S DODGERS TEAMS
If you ride the G Train, this place is holy ground.
One of our staffers' dads grew up right near Ebbets Field. To this day, he says "The fall of 1955 was the best time of my life." That was the year the Brooklyn Dodgers finally solved the New York Yankees to win a World Series. Buzzie Bavasi, who built that team, passed away last night in San Diego at 93. We use "Clip Reel" to honor him.
Highlights of the entire series.
Clip from a '55 Dodgers DVD.
Clip from the "7 Days of Fall" movie about the '55 Dodgers.
Roy Campanella, the biggest discovery linked to Bavasi, on the game show "What's My Line?"
Good overall Dodgers video.
Another one, entitled "Dem Bums."
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.
- VIDEO: Kobe Bryant's two loves
- VIDEO: Superman Dwight -- stylin' and profilin'
- VIDEO: Ricky Rubio, on the verge of superstardom