CLIP REEL: HAPPY RADIO DAY!
"I say, sir, this device shall revolutionize the land!"
It's Radio Day! OK, that has little to do with us; it's a holiday to celebrate the development of radio in Russia. Still, we're intrigued, so we turn "Clip Reel" to a collection of some of the best radio calls and moments in sports history.
One of the best ever: Appalachian State over Michigan last September.
Texas Tech beating Texas A&M this fall.
Magglio Ordonez sending the Tigers to the 2005 World Series.
Northwestern State over Iowa in the 2006 NCAA Tournament.
When the Dolphins finally won a game last year.
Phil Rizzuto calls the pine tar game.
Chris Russo's rant about the Giants in 2003; maybe the best radio rant ever.
That ridiculous Trinity college lateral play last winter.
Michigan radio host melts down on the air after they cough up a game to ND in 2006.
Bobby Thompson. So good.
Real Men of Genius parody the entire concept of sports radio.
Vin Scully calling the 1980 Phillies winning the World Series.
Vin Scully's call of Sandy Koufax's 1965 perfect game.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.