CLIP REEL: BRANDON WEBB IS AMAZING
"I'M A COP, YOU IDIOT!"
It's good to be you, Brandon Webb. Not only do you pitch for the best team in baseball, not only are you 8-0 yourself, but…it's your birthday today! Awesome. Webb, who has to in the top 3 of any short list for "best current MLB pitcher," is celebrated in our daily Clip Reel ("broader link list") feature.
You know that when Milton Bradley broke the bat over his knee, that pitch was from Webb?
Look, some 13 year old kid in AZ has a VLOG about Webb!
And some five year old is impersonating him in a backyard.
DBacks and Webb tribute video.
MLB.Com's video player doesn't permalink apparently, so go here and type in "Brandon Webb." You'll get a ton.
His official page.
He went to the same high school as Chuck Woolery. Ha.
Interesting piece on whether Webb could win 30 this year.
A ton of aggregated news on Webb.
Nice juxtaposition between Webb and Barry Zito.
This appears to be a video of Webb pitching to a small child, and striking him out.
There's a band called Brandon Webb and The Wicks in CA. No relation. Ha.
Peter Gammons on Brandon Webb.
More BBTN staffers on BWebb.
An analysis of Webb as the best pitcher in baseball.
Nice Crasnick feature on Webb from last year.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.
- VIDEO: Kobe Bryant's two loves
- VIDEO: Superman Dwight -- stylin' and profilin'
- VIDEO: Ricky Rubio, on the verge of superstardom