CLIP REEL: THREE WEEKS 'TIL THE NBA DRAFT!
"I met Jay Z tonight and I'm totally crushing!"
NBA Finals start tonight. Awesome! Lakers vs. Celtics! AHHHHHHHH! OK, everyone's talking about that—so we won't (well, we will probably, but later.) Instead, do you realize the NBA Draft is three weeks from tonight? Here's a look at where people think the Draft stands with 21 days to go - and some video of the guys who are soon to be playing in the Finals (by "soon" we mean 5-10 years, but whatevs.)
Here's Chad Ford's Mock 3.0; he's got Mayo to the Timberwolves in this one.
Draft Express differs at the 3 slot, giving it to Brook Lopez.
NBA Draft.Net has Anthony Randolph to the Knicks, which seems like a pick that would be booed by those in attendance.
Here is ESPN.Com's entire 2008 Draft page.
Good look at Doug Collins as a head man.
Wade to the Bulls? That team would be insane!
Nice Derrick Rose mix here.
OK, but Rose kinda missed a couple of key free throws in that title game, too.
Pretty nice Michael Beasley mix here.
At the same time, he didn't get out of the second round this year. Heck, Carmelo won it all!
Good O.J. Mayo mix.
But there's the ref incident...
And the potential kickbacks situation...
Kevin Love can do this.
But he also has drawbacks.
Jerryd Bayless is pretty good at hoops, sure.
And while he averaged close to 20 a game this year, his team didn't escape the first round.
A look at Danilo Gallinari.
Will the Knicks take him because of his ties to Italy and D'Antoni's similar ties? Now it seems unlikely.
Eric Gordon highlights.
But is he really cleaner than O.J. Mayo?
We love D.J. Augustin.
But IN HOUSTON, he couldn't lead his boys past Memphis.
In sum, everyone's got drawbacks, but can it be as bad as this Draft?
But hey, at least the No. 1 pick in that Draft dated her.
Watch this too.
And look at this pic; 'tis classic.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.