CLIP REEL: CEDRIC BENSON'S BETTER MOMENTS
Hopefully Benson finds his way back to a field, with less brushes with the law, in the not-too-distant future.
Cedric Benson, after a few weeks of questionable behavior, was let go by the Chicago Bears yesterday. It begs the question: whaddup with talented Texas Longhorn running backs not translating to the pros completely? Ricky Williams was awesome in Austin; he's had good pro years, but it's ultimately not what he's known for. (Yea, we loved Eric Metcalf and Priest Holmes) We're going to take a minute now, via Clip Reel, to celebrate what Cedric could do on the field—with a hope that he's doing it again real soon, with less problems off it.
Here's the entire Cedric Benson video collection on NFL.Com. Some pretty gnarly runs the last two seasons, actually.
Nice rip of his Austin highlights.
Another good rip.
FOX News tees off on Benson.
Nice Benson TD against the Cowboys last year.
27 seconds of Benson dominating in high school.
Apparently, this was Benson's first NFL TD.
Pretty nasty play from Vince Young to Cedric when they were both at Texas.
Cedric's Pro Football Reference splits.
His official bio on a Mack Brown fan site. Odd.
Sadly, Lovie Smith had him ready to start this year.
Good aggregated article collection on Benson from NFL.Com.
Similarly, a photo gallery on NFL.Com.
His Scout page.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.