CLIP REEL: GEORGIA ON OUR MINDS
"The song Who Let the Dawgs Out sometimes causes me to seizure."
It's a good time to be from Georgia. The Dawgs are in the CWS Finals, the Hawks took the eventual champs to seven games in the first round, the Dawgs football-side are everyone's preseason No. 1 and the Falcons…OK, well, the Dawgs are gonna be awesome! Via Clip Reel, we'll now take a second to celebrate the greatness of Georgia sports at the moment.
Georgia baseball has bounced back pretty well.
Apparently it's all based on the power of positive thinking.
On the football side, one early-bird preview has Georgia No. 4.
This preseason ranking by Scout has 'em No. 2.
A site called "The Football Expert" has them No. 1.
Our man has them No. 2.
Either way, a lot of it comes back to this dude.
And this dude.
(He apparently lost his I-Pod.)
The reason Stafford didn't go to Texas? Mack Brown "weirded him out." Ha.
Meanwhile, the Hawks just re-upped their coach.
And they did manage to take the Celtics to Game 7 in the first round.
There is a reason Ernie Johnson calls their home arena "The Highlight Factory."
Here's another reason.
Mark Teixeira hit 3 HR yesterday for the Braves.
They are four games back in the NL East, but if their pitching gets healthy, they should definitely contend.
Since MLB videos on YouTube often get taken down, here's your best bet for all Braves video content.
Chipper Jones is flirting with .400.
Bobby Cox is a little freaked out by this cow at Turner Field nowadays.
Hey, a Falcons preview!
Hey, another one!
Matt Ryan could be good, though.
Hey, they'll always have Ovie!
Here's Ray Charles singing Georgia on My Mind.
And Midnight Train to Georgia.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.