CLIP REEL: NBA FREE AGENCY
"I kinda like cheesesteaks, sure."
Baron Davis has opted out! Elton Brand has opted out! The free agency period of summer 2008 isn't as exciting as it will be in a few years—The LeBron Sweepstakes—but it's got enough big names that could theoretically move to be an intriguing element of the July sports scene. Here now, we take a look at the men, their skills and their options.
So, Elton Brand is pretty good.
We did a video with him once.
Elton plays fantasy basketball.
And he does some cool NIKE commercials.
A lot of people think they lack the money to truly get it done, but the 76ers are interested in Brand.
Will the Warriors go after him?
Iggy was once poised to the next big AI in Philly, because he's super good.
He's a filthy athlete, honestly.
We ran a feature on him once.
Some people think he's going to bolt the City of Brotherly Love.
Emeka Okafor is pretty good too.
Exhibit B of the above.
This seems like the type of guy who Larry Brown could get a ton out of.
We honestly think the Bobcats could make the playoffs in two years.
Could Emeka end up on the Jazz? Odd.
We don't see him leaving, but opinions differ on the Interwebs.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.
- VIDEO: Kobe Bryant's two loves
- VIDEO: Superman Dwight -- stylin' and profilin'
- VIDEO: Ricky Rubio, on the verge of superstardom