CLIP REEL: THE GLORY OF RAFA
"Tastes like chicken."
We won't belabor the point: yesterday's Wimbledon final was awesome—and it may have represented a changing of the power guard in men's tennis. As such, it's time to look across the Internet and cull together videos attesting to the greatness of Rafa Nadal. Here we go!
The girl interviewing him in this clip seems to giggle quite a bit.
Rafa's birthday cake!
A good summary of Nadal interviews over the past year or so.
Someone set a tribute video about him to a Jessica Simpson song. Odd.
Nadal hanging out with the characters from Toy Story.
Bjorg hearts Nadal.
Chris Fowler is a good segment host, for real.
Info on Rafa's love life!
Old school clips of Rafa in 2003 (he only went pro in 2002).
Playing at Hamburg in '03.
This video has clips of his first-ever match in 2002; he was 16.
Nice Mariotti piece on Nadal vs. Federer.
They seem to be friends, no?
More on Rafa's personal life.
Serena vs. Rafa: walking on water style.
The Kia Motors spot where he plays tennis with an alien.
Another strong compilation video of Rafa.
This video maker really seems to want to make Rafa into "a bad boy." (It's oddly captivating)
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.