CLIP REEL: TONY GONZALEZ
By now, you likely know of Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez saving a man's life (a Charger fan, oddly) in a California restaurant by performing the Heimlich. You may not remember that back in November 2000, Gonzalez ran into a camerman along the sidelines; the camerman had a seizure. When he was taken to the hospital, they discovered a brain tumor that might have killed him had it gone undetected. In a way, Gonzalez saved his life as well. In addition to his accomplishments on the field, he's always been a class act off it; it's time to celebrate him.
Since the best source for NFL player videos is NFL.Com, here's his video page from that site.
The dude isn't afraid to go across the middle.
Or make a Thanksgiving commercial for the NFL.
If you're interested in what Tony thinks is sexy, check this out.
If you're interested in a rather open interview with Maxim.Com, go here.
Damon Huard to Tony Gonzalez, Tecmo stylz.
Nice mix of Tony, Priest Holmes, and Larry Johnson. Man, the Chiefs should be better.
A 2007 Chiefs recap.
Man on the Street piece from the Chiefs training camp.
Tony Gonzalez's work with the United Way.
Tony teaches you how to make a vegan shake.
Brian Baldinger talking Chiefs on "The Chiefs Endzone Show."
His Football Reference page.
More info on his vegan lifestyle.
The Tony Gonzalez Foundation.
He was a judge on Oprah's Big Give.
USA Today currently has him as the second best TE in the NFL.
This extremely detailed piece from Pro Football Reference has him as the second best TE of all-time.
A look back at him setting the TD record for tight ends.
His profile from the Latino Legends in Sports site.
His Fantasy Football value explained.
How ridiculous is it that Gonzalez almost played at Cal with Jason Kidd?
No idea what this is, but it seems interesting.
Herm talks about this season and Tony's role.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.