CLIP REEL: COTTO VS. MARGARITO
Tijuana Thunder in the house.
Tomorrow's PPV match between welterweights Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito looks to be one of the most exciting fights of the year: not just because of the antagonizingly intense boxing rivalry between Puerto Rico and Mexico (the two countries have engaged in over sixty world title matches), but because both fighters are hard-hitting, offensive-minded hellions. In case you need further introduction to the fighters, we're providing all the required reading—and viewing!—via Clip Reel.
Pretty good Cotto mix here.
Wondering where he came from? A brief synopsis of Cotto's early career.
Cotto vs Malignaggi.
Cotto vs Mosley.
Cotto vs Torres.
Cotto vs Mohamad Abdulaev.
Cotto vs. Corley.
Cotto vs. Gomez.
Apparently, Sugar Ray Leonard loves him.
De La Hoya? Not as much.
Bonus that we had to sneak in: Heart of a Lion by Gus Johnson.
Margarito fight preview.
Is Floyd ducking Margarito?
Interview with Margarito.
Margarito vs. Golden Johnson (a butchering—they stopped the fight in Round One)
Margarito vs. Daniel Santos.
Margarito vs. Joshua Clottley (another butchering).
Margaito vs. Andrew Lewis.
Margarito vs. Hercules Kyvelos
Margarito vs. Cintron I
Margarito vs. Kermit Cintron II
Another Margarito Interview.
A look at the strategy of the fight.
Headline of this article on the fight: "ALL SISSIES OUT." Indeed.
The tale of the tape.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.