CLIP REEL: ATHLETE WEDDINGS
"Going to the chapel, and we're gonna get --- crud, how does the song end?"
On this day in 1981, Prince Charles wed Diana Spencer, thus cementing the icon that was Diana, Princess of Wales. It was one of the grandest—and expensive—weddings in history, a concept that's not foreign to athletes. In Forbes' list of the 20 most expensive weddings ever, three involve athletes - and the list was made before Eli Manning's recent nupitals, which cost a pretty penny. Via Clip Reel, we celebrate grandoise athlete weddings. It's cool to see linemen sing "Living On a Prayer."
A look at Tiger's wedding, one of the most expensive ever.
More, including some shots of it.
Tremendous posed photo.
Good shot of them approaching the altar.
Info on Becks' wedding.
More of the same.
BBC coverage of the event.
Rather regal pic of the two.
Ashley Judd and Dario Franchitti's wedding.
Ashley Judd wedding interview in a glossy weekend magazine.
Oooh, cartoon parodies of athlete weddings.
Olympian Veronica Campbell gets hitched.
Wedding Stand article on sporty weddings.
Info on the Norman-Evert wedding, which was apparently shrouded in secrecy.
AJC delves into the topic of athlete weddings.
How much did Eli's wedding actually cost?
Ian Johnson talks about his wedding. We'd get fired for showing you the actual proposal. BCS video isn't online, generally.
A video about some of the most expensive celebrity weddings.
A three-minute video on the same topic (with a lot of photos).
Agassi/Graf wedding interview (and about them being in love).
Parker and Longoria.
More Longoria and Parker.
Williams and Fox: didn't exactly end well.
Hamm and Garciaparra.
Are these two next?
Or are these two?
Or these two?
Lima and Jaric's wedding might be pretty sweet, eh?
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.
- VIDEO: Kobe Bryant's two loves
- VIDEO: Superman Dwight -- stylin' and profilin'
- VIDEO: Ricky Rubio, on the verge of superstardom