CLIP REEL: LEARN MORE ABOUT
Skip to his Lou, indeed.
East Carolina—best known until a few weeks ago as the alma mater of David Garrard, probably—has made it look easy against two schools in the Top 20 and as a result is now No. 14 themselves. Awesome. Do you know anything about the place? We'll help you out.
Here's a good resource on the school overall.
Here's a good resource on the school's athletic teams.
Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium is their home base for football.
Detailed history of their football program to date.
This video is a similarly detailed history of their football program.
Another good video, about twice as long as the one above.
Here's a look at some key members of their team this season.
David Garrard scrambles, including some from the college days.
Do you remember their landmark 1983 season? Well, now you can.
Here's some intro video of the guys this season.
One-on-one interview with Skip Holtz via ESPN.
Here's the official team page.
Vote Pinkney Player of the Week!
Here's how you know football is big there: traffic issues before and after the WVU game.
So could they crack the BCS?
Here's their schedule. You can be the judge.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.