"In HS, some people called me Mox and I had a friend named Tweeter. Ignore those parallels."
Surprising QB line from Sunday: 20-25 for 239 yards and 1 TD (zero INTs) against Jacksonville, a playoff team last year. Who rang it up? Trent Edwards of the Buffalo Bills. For the season, he has a QB rating of 107.7; the Bills' next two games are Raiders and Rams, so they may start 4-0. Not a ton of chatter on the former Stanford QB, so we thought a Clip Reel might be fitting.
His NFL.Com page has a fairly comprehensive video hub.
Here's a few videos from that 20-16 win over Jacksonville last Sunday.
Trent's Pro Football Reference page (sponsored by 'The Football Card Blog')
Check out this old USA Today article about Edwards' class coming out of HS. Vince Young! Tyler Palko! Ha.
By the time he reached the NFL Draft, people were saying he was the third-best QB available.
A lot of that is because he went to Stanford, and Bill Walsh was apparently talking him up.
Here's a 4 TD day he had against the Dolphins.
Here's his NFL Draft breakdown tape from the NFL Network, including former head coach Steve Mariucci's thoughts on him.
Nice mix, linking his upward progress to 'the dream of a city.'
(Side note: speaking of dreams of Buffalo…)
Odd comedy skit featuring "Peyton Manning" and "Trent Edwards."
A very thorough breakdown of Trent's arm strength by some of CBS' football analysts.
He does an interview with Donruss trading cards.
Another good mix of Edwards highlights.
'Ode to Trent Edwards.'
Another good mix, set to alternative rock.
Good Canadian Press recap of his first two games.
Are the Bills 'growing up?' Perhaps.
Is Trent the real deal? We'll learn, apparently.
Good column in The Buffalo News about Edwards' leadership.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.