CLIP REEL: WHAT COLLEGE TEAMS
ARE FOR REAL?
Is this the year he really becomes 'the man?'
Take a look at the current college football standings. Granted, no one's really played anyone yet (sorry, Clemson), but there are a few surprise undefeateds in the bunch. Iowa? Kirk Ferentz? Odd. Oklahoma State? Mike Gundy? Hmm. Are any of these teams for real, or will the schedule sort it out? Let's take a look at a few squads, via Clip Reel.
Their official team page.
Their ESPN.Com team page.
One reason they may be legit: Andy Brodell.
Another reason: Mitch King and Matt Kroul.
Still a third: the QB situation seems to be less murky.
Still, the schedule starting October 18th isn't easy.
Gotta start here.
One reason they could surprise: it's the 20th anniversary of their best season ever, so maybe the magic rubs off.
Second reason: their team intro is pretty sweet.
Third reason: Dez Bryant.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.