ATHLETES FROM YALE
Think the place only produces Presidents? Pfft.
In this photo, one person went to Yale. It wasn't Sheed.
We were just up in New Haven for a tailgate, so we were overjoyed to learn that today in 1701, the General Court of the Colony of Connecticut (huh?) passed a bill entitled "An Act for Liberty to Erect a Collegiate School." This led to Yale, thus giving Mr. Alex a home on fall Saturdays. (If you don't get the joke, click the link above.) You think Yale only produces politicians and I-Bankers? Generally, you're accurate. There are some decent athletic alums, though. Take a look.
Ron Darling went there.
See? We told you so.
Here's a pic of him throwing for the Bulldogs.
Darling getting interviewed by Costas in 1986. Ahmad Rashad is also there, for no truly apparent reason.
Did you know Telly from Sesame Street is a Darling fan?
Theo Epstein went to Yale as well.
Remember when he left and came back?
Dude can jam.
Example II. He probably learned it at Toad's. Ah, New Haven humor.
Alyssa Milano and Theo Epstein: two great tastes that go great together.
Eddie Vedder insults his Cubs loyalties and plays ball at Fenway with Theo.
Seriously, though, the dude has accomplished a lot.
Chris Dudley also went to Yale.
Nice feature on him here.
NASTY SLAM BY DUDLEY!
Hey, he was good for the Nets in the '92 playoffs.
Dick Jauron went to Yale.
He's responsible for this.
Also for a bunch of clips in this video.
Jeff Van Gundy went to Yale for a year.
Here he is roasting Yao.
Here he is smiling.
You may be able to find the leg-drag clip in this 9:25 video.
Sarah Hughes went to Yale.
Here's her routine from 2002.
Bonus clip: 1999 World Juniors to "Swan Lake" with the old ESPN2 logo on the bottom.
Mike Richter: also a Yalie.
Remember the Bure penalty shot, Game 4 in '94?
Here's one Richter tribute video.
Here's THE CLIP of Richter's life.
Calvin Hill also went to Yale.
We love Calvin, but we love this more: he definitely taught his son how to throw, eh?
Chris Higgins went to Yale too.
Fan video #1.
NHL Player Profile video.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.