Is there anything finer?
This guy knows a lil' bit about walking off in grand fashion.
Today back in '60, Bill Mazeroski blasted the only Game 7 walk-off in World Series history, putting the Pirates over the Yankees. Side note: if you're a Pirates fan, it only seems like that was the last great moment in franchise history; the team was actually pretty good during the Willie Stargell era. Wednesday of this week is the anniversary of Kirk Gibson's famous blast. It seemed a good time to dedicate some time to the concept of ending a game in grand fashion.
A bunch of David Ortiz walk-offs from the '04 playoffs.
The 2001 World Series had a few of 'em.
Aaron Boone, grainy fan video style.
A fairly comprehensive resource on the topic.
Stewart to Westbrook.
Staubach in 1975.
Montana to Clark.
Brett Hull 1999.
Bobby Orr in 1970.
Top 5 game-winning shots in NBA playoff history.
Kobe's shot against the Suns a few years ago, with reaction.
Interesting statistical look at NBA game-winners.
Collection on NBA.Com entitled "Greatest Shots of the Playoffs."
Obligatory Robert Horry Clip.
The Laettner shot.
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.
- VIDEO: Kobe Bryant's two loves
- VIDEO: Superman Dwight -- stylin' and profilin'
- VIDEO: Ricky Rubio, on the verge of superstardom