THE MAG.COM PRESENTS:
ALL WORLD POWER RANKINGS
WHEN IT COMES TO THE GUYS WHO COULD HELP OUT ON WORLD FOOD DAY, WE'RE REMOVING PORTIONS FROM JOHN DALY
Today is World Food Day. Seemed logical to rank athletes who might want to skip a meal and help out those less fortunate. Two caveats here: (1) we're not exactly in shape either and these guys are professional athletes, so please, lay off the "What do U know?!?" in the comments and (2) we're not ranking D-Line and O-Line guys unless it's especially bad, because those guys are generally pretty huge (and can still run 4.7s). These are just some pretty big dudes, that's all. Number one seems fairly obvious, eh?
|1 (1)||JOHN DALY||This about sums it up.|
|2 (35)||C.C. SABATHIA||This poll has a really charming title. (He's "also receiving votes," but seems to be the highest-ranked current player.) Another thing about to be big about him: his paycheck.|
|3 (62)||PRINCE FIELDER||Was the Brewers' plane ever grounded this summer?|
|4 (9)||JONATHAN BROXTON||Looks a little better here, but you get the idea.|
|5 (42)||KYLE ORTON||This could be worse, but take a look at this pic. Is that what a NFL QB should look like shirtless? Now, can you explain this?|
|82 (139)||MARK MANGINO||We know: not a player. But c'mon. When they all coached at Oklahoma, Stoops and Leach called him "Bear." Bonus: great T-shirt.|
|103 (1,870)||SEBASTIAN JANIKOWSKI||Take a look. We were going to put his boy JaMarcus Russell here, but he seems to be slimming a little. Side note: the amount of girls Janikowski probably landed at FSU is epic.|
|RISING AND FALLING|
|TERRELL OWENS (He might start pigging out if Roy Williams takes away catches.)|
|TERRELL OWENS (Dude's got a book about fitness, though.)|
- Reds inquiring about Gardner
- Is LoMo next M's acquisition?
- Ibanez moving on from Seattle
- Johan could stay in Big Apple
- Justin Masterson being discussed?
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.