[Ed's note: We're rolling out a 'Fun Facts' on every team in the NBA before the season starts. For more information and to see the other teams profiled, please go here.]
We made this video last winter with Stephen Jackson; "Stack Jack," as he's known, brought along a few Warriors team personnel dudes. One of them told us that the 2007 playoffs win over the Dallas Mavericks at Oracle Arena might have been one "one of the most fun games (he's) ever seen." Granted, he works for the team that won. (You're probably not going to get Mark Cuban to say the same thing.) Still, the Warriors were rip-roaring fun that April. Last year? Not as much, as they missed the playoffs. Now Baron Davis has departed to share the Los Angeles marquee with Kobe Bryant, so one logically wonders: are the Warriors still fun? Let's investigate.
1. Monta Ellis should've checked out this sweet motorcycle safety cartoon before hopping on his moped.
2. After OKC named its team Thunder, the Warriors had to fire their mascot (also named Thunder). Guess they brought Ronny Turiaf in to take his place?
3. Al Harrington proves that even NBA players look dumb when cranking that, Soulja Boy-style.
4. What did you do on April 12, 2008? (It was a Saturday, so if you're anything like us, probably nothing&) San Francisco celebrated Stephen Jackson Day.
5. Take note, Michael Strahan: Stephen Jackson gets a "Colgate smile."
7. Chris Mullin played for Don Nelson when both were with the Warriors. (Remember Run TMC?)
8. Also from Jackson's hometown of Port Arthur, TX? Jimmy Johnson and Janis Joplin.
9. Marco Belinelli and Manu Ginobili played together for Virtus Bologna in 2002. Belinelli was 14 (!!!) at the time.
10. Center Andris Biedrins taught himself how to speak English in six months.