The Bears legend takes over in the Bay Area. Learn more about him.
Somewhere, George Wendt is happy.
The San Francisco 49ers haven't been very good of late. Blame Alex Smith if you want, or blame Mike Nolan. The latter point is somewhat moot, as he was fired yesterday and replaced with former Chicago Bears legend Mike Singletary, who was floated as a name for the Baylor gig last year. Want to learn more about Singletary, in between speculating how pissed Mike Martz might be about this? You're in the right place.
Pro Football Reference.
His Pro Football HOF page.
His 49ers bio.
A video he made called "Lead Where You Are." Pretty cool.
Musical tribute to Singletary.
"Singletary Hunts Again."
He did a commercial for LensCrafters in 1992?
Wow, eight minutes worth of highlights from the 1981 Cotton Bowl.
A tribute to the Chicago Bears linebacking history.
Another commercial he did.
We nominated Patrick Willis for 'NEXT' last year and he claimed he owes a lot to Singletary.
Mike Singletary's effect on Ray Lewis can be documented here.
More on the Singletary-Lewis-Willis dynamic.
John Clayton thinks this is a good call.
So does the San Francisco Chronicle.
Niners Nation seems to like the move as well.
Connections between Singletary and Bill Walsh.
An interview we did with Fridge where he called the '85 Bears the best D ever.
This seems a logical place to end: The Super Bowl Shuffle.
- Hypotheticals in Bears QB situation
- MNF Review: The Bears' offense
- Parking issues for 49ers' new digs?
- Latest buzz on Texans' next coach
- NFL - Week 14 gambling reactions and Week 15 early line moves
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.