NBA FUN FACTS:
Bron Bron plus Mo' (get it? Ha!) fun.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Billy?"
[Ed's note: We're rolling out a 'Fun Facts' on every team in the NBA before the season starts. For more information and to see the other teams profiled, please go here.]
First, LeBron James publicly confirmed his allegiances to the Bronx Bombers at Jacobs Field. Then, Moondog goes off and pulls this stunt. Tortured Cavs fans seeking solace will have to look beyond the career ending injury of their captain-turned NBA TV analyst—at least Mrs. Snow is now a Real Housewife of Atlanta. Does a Snow-less Cleveland (imagine?) have what it takes to surmount the Big Three in Boston? Skip the debate; let's have some fun.
1. The NBA Live 08 "Play of the Year" goes to Zydrunas Ilgauskas.
2) King James was a workhorse in Beijing this summer, but proves only to be a h-o-r-s-e in Venice Beach. Where's Z when you need him?
3) BabyNateFresh endorses Tarence Kinsey and so should you!
4) Wally Szczerbiak was born in Madrid, Spain, where his father Walter won 3 Euroleague Championships for Real Madrid.
6) Sharing more than an imposing physique, Ben Wallace and former New York Knick Charles Oakley both starred at Division II HBCU, Virginia Union.
7) Daniel Gibson owns the NBA Rookie Challenge record for most threes in a game, with 11.
8) Mo Williams not only waxes opposing defenses, he also likes to peel off shoulder hair.
9) Lorenzen Wright played high school, college, and professional ball in Memphis before coming to Cleveland.
10) Meanwhile, Moondog has been everywhere.
- NBA: Tank Rank -- What if they won the lottery?
- What's up with Kyrie Irving?
- Cavs rotation finally set?
- Has new shooting hand helped Thompson?
- Waiters accepts bench role
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.