ANGELS IN THE OUTFIELD
It's a much better sports movie than you think.
"Hey, it could happen." We just burst into tears.
Today, Christopher Lloyd turns 70. Just bear with us for a second: one of the most underrated actors of all-time? He was a key part of Back to the Future—as a friend once told us, "That's a movie you will watch in its entirety no matter what you are doing when it comes on"—and was also in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Addams Family movies. That's before even touching on his three Emmys and work on Taxi. For our purposes right now, though, the dude made a flick called Angels in the Outfield in 1994. Is it Bull Durham or Bang the Drum Slowly? Heavens to Betsy, no. It is an underrated sports flick. Admit it: when Knox (Danny Glover) adopts Roger (the kid from Third Rock!) and J.P., you cried. OK, maybe it was just us. We need to take a second to celebrate this film. Did you know Adrien Brody is in it?
The film's Wiki.
Try to watch this scene without getting choked up.
This is the trailer.
An improv group does the entire movie in 1 minute.
"Angels on the Pong Table."
Movie Quote of the Week II from some random dude.
Knox losing his temper.
"I'M RANCH WILDER!!!"
Go ahead, buy it on Amazon.
- Eight big names who could be traded
- GMs who will make a splash in Orlando
- One deal for every AL team
- GMs with the toughest offseason jobs
- How to fix the Los Angeles Angels - MLB
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.