[Ed's note: We're rolling out a 'Fun Facts' on every team in the NBA before the season starts. For more information and to see the other teams profiled, please go here.]
We'll be brutally honest: we have a deep and abiding love for Shaquille O'Neal. He could be the most charismatic player in any of the major sports across the past two decades. In three years, we'll all miss his antic; it pains us to admit he'll probably never taste the sweet championship nectar again. This Suns team doesn't look as dominant as the ones that came before and while we loved Terry Porter back in the Rip City era, we weren't sold on him as a coach the first time around. Still, any team with Steve Nash, Shaquille O'Neal, Boris Diaw, Leandro Barbosa and Amare Stoudemire is fun. Here now, we delve further into this idea.
4. Boris Diaw was the best man in Tony Parker's 2007 wedding to Eva Longoria.
6. Grant Hill and Shaq, joint owners of the Magic? How do we make sure this happens?
7. Defense is so foreign to the Suns, the fans don't even know how to react.
8. "Yo mama's so dumb she thought Taco Bell was a Mexican phone company" and other "Yo mama" gems from Shaq and NBA correspondent Elie Seckbach.
9. Proving that white man can jump, current Suns assistant coach "Thunder" Dan Majerle in his glory days.
10. And we would be remiss if we did a Phoenix Fun Facts without something from Charles Barkley. He's kind of a big deal for the franchise (last Finals appearance!)
Bonus (because the last clip involved a non-current player: nice feature on Boris Diaw and his family.