[Ed's note: We're rolling out a 'Fun Facts' on every team in the NBA before the season starts. For more information and to see the other teams profiled, please go here.]
Interesting sidebar sports discussion we heard recently: is Elton Brand the professional equivalent of Colt McCoy? The guy's numbers are incredible—almost 20 and 10 every night—but when he starts getting talked up, everyone is all 'WHAAAAAAAA?' Now the logic dictates that he could lead the 76ers to a three-seed in the East and people are saying out loud, "The Sixers? Iverson still play there?" No, he doesn't—although there is another AI. Here we go with reasons Philly is about to come super fun.
2. Elton Brand heads Gibraltar Films, a film production company whose first release was Rescue Dawn, starring Christian Bale and Steve Zahn.
3. Samuel Dalembert has his cereal with orange juice instead of milk. We like orange juice as much as the next guy, but we gotta ask: do Cocoa Pebbles turn the o.j. chocolate-y?
4. The Sixers mascot is a bunny. Named Hip-Hop. (He's jacked.) He's currently on the IR, but he should be ready for the season opener.
5. Notable alumni from Benjamin Cardozo High School in Queens include Sixers guard Royal Ivey, James McBride (author of The Color of Water), Carl from Family Matters and Ron Jeremy.
6. Ivey's nickname in Atlanta was "Cheese," referring to the "Royale with Cheese" scene in Pulp Fiction. We couldn't find a clip from the actual movie, but a "Family Guy" version with Stewie as Vincent and Brian as Jules? Even better.
7. Maybe the Sixers got rid of A.I. and Chris Webber because they didn't appreciate "Chicken Noodle Soup" the way Iguodala does.
8. Hopefully Donyell Marshall remembers to put on his Sixers jersey.
9. A throwback: the Sixers song from the 1970s.
10. Louis Williams and Bow Wow are good friends, as seen on Bow Wow's "MTV Cribs."