[Ed's note: We're rolling out a 'Fun Facts' on every team in the NBA before the season starts. For more information and to see the other teams profiled, please go here.]
We knew a super dorky kid in elementary school who never seemed to get laughs no matter what joke he was dropping. Circa 1995-ish, in pottery (ha) class, he used this gem: "Raptors? You mean Craptors?" The room went nuts. To this day, it could be the funniest thing he's ever said (we lost touch with him years ago). Fairly obvious joke, sure, but remember this: we were like, 14 at the time. There's a lot of funny stuff associated with the Raptors these days, which we'll detail below, but here's what's legit: the team. Chris Bosh + a healthy Jermaine O'Neal = potentially filthy frontcourt. Jose Calderon? Underrated point guard. Andrea Bargnani? Former No. 1 pick. We're going out on a limb here, but the Eastern Conference Finals could be Raptors vs. Celtics. Anyway, onto the fun stuff!
1. We'll space out the Chris Bosh links: here's the All-Star Game voting campaign.
2. O'Neal vs. O'Neal and Jermaine wins.
3. Did you know Andrea Bargnani has a commercial on Canadian TV?
5. Chris Bosh link No. 2: his work with The Tonight Show.
6. If you appreciate the value of the dunk and Jamario Moon's ability to toss it down, watch this.
7. Speaking of Moon, here he is spitting rhyme.
8. Seriously, who greenlighted Jason Kapono on the Sport Science series?
9. More Chris Bosh. This dude is zany!