Clip Reel: Alabama vs. Florida
Time to start getting ready for the SEC Title Game.
The SEC Championship game this Saturday between Alabama and Florida (4pm, CBS) is still almost a full week away, but frankly, you should be excited. The central question: will it be an absolutely epic game, or is Florida way too hot right now to be contained? The secondary question: will Terry Saban see her husband at all this week? A third, almost utterly meaningless question: should Florida be worried about Urban Meyer heading to Notre Dame, which he once called his "dream job?" We wanted to look briefly at the history of 'Bama vs. Florida. Please be aware this is less about the 2008 editions of these teams and more about the past, but we snuck a few tribute videos in there.
"Rammer Jammer" from the end of the 2005 game.
"The ultimate Alabama Football highlights" clip has a few Florida games over the years on there.
Here's one of those "get hyped for the 2008 game" videos we promised you.
1999: "The Neutral Zone Infraction."
Clips from the 1999 SEC Championship Game.
This "Star Wars" hype video is pretty filthy.
But wait—maybe we do have a playoff!
Here's someone who thinks 'Bama is winning it.
Here's a reason why that might be right.
1999 again: sweet "Victory in the Swamp" video. Game was thrilling.
- Most important targets: SEC
- Two stand out for ESPN Junior 300 DE
- Some intrigue remains in Heisman Trophy vote - College Football
- Weekend recruiting wrap: SEC
- How selection committee would have picked the playoff - College Football
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.