Clip Reel: Eli Manning at Ole Miss
He might have come into his professional own of late, but he was a heckuva Reb.
A few years ago, we were driving from Houston to the Northeast with our (then) girlfriend. We're crossing tree-spotted Mississippi and see a sign for Oxford, at which point we call our girlfriend in the car in front of us and say, "Gonna be a while." Absolutely had to see "The Grove," even if it wasn't college football season at the time. Here's the deal: when that happened, Eli Manning was already a member of the New York Giants and within 30-something months, he'd have as many Super Bowl rings as his (more famous?) bro. It all started for Eli as a Reb, though. Since Mississippi was made the 20th state today back in 1817, with no disrespect to Mississippi State we present a look at Eli in Oxford.
Ole Miss vs. Florida in 2002.
A nine-minute "Ole Miss tribute to Eli" video.
Eli Manning and Patrick Willis interview at Ole Miss (Part 1.)
Here's Part 2.
And Part 3.
Ole Miss vs. LSU in 2003.
Ole Miss in the 2004 Cotton Bowl.
Eli speaking at the College Football Hall of Fame.
Nice Eli mix set to Foo Fighters, of all things.
Had to throw this in here: "The Grove Song."
Manning last-minute TD to beat 'Bama in 2001.
No idea what the heck this is.
A rip of tremendous plays by the Ole Miss Rebels.
Eli vs. Arkansas in 2003.
Auburn vs. Ole Miss in 2003.
"From Dixie with Love."
Nice archived ESPN.Com article on Eli at Ole Miss.
Legitimately good article on Eli's function at Ole Miss with Cutcliffe.
Buy this too.
- ESPN 150 OG Mama finds his calling
- One conference in front for ESPN 150 OG
- Recruiting pitches: SEC
- UCLA back in Memphis, now eyeing WR
- Ole Miss after another Crete-Monee recruit
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.
- VIDEO: Kobe Bryant's two loves
- VIDEO: Superman Dwight -- stylin' and profilin'
- VIDEO: Ricky Rubio, on the verge of superstardom