Fun Facts: West Virginia vs. UNC (Meineke Car Care Bowl)
Pat White's final run at glory? Should be a good time.
Saturday morning, two days after Christmas? Whatcha gonna be doing? Watching the little tykes play with their Mickey Rourke action figures? Why are we asking so many questions? If you're smart, you'll watch Pat White's last college highlight reel unfurl in front of your very eyes at 1pm in the Meineke Car Care Bowl versus Butch Davis' UNC squad. With basketball fired back up in Chapel Hill, ya gotta figure these guys are taking a bit of a backseat, but Saturday is their show. So really, though: what's fun about this game? And really: do they make Mickey Rourke action figures?
1. West Virginia, energy efficient, well lubricated, and planning world domination!
2. What a novel idea…think they will run this play on Saturday?
5. If football doesn't work out, for Noel Devine, there's always jockeying or a remake of the Wizard of Oz as a member of the Lollipop Guild.
7. West Virginia is the winningest Football Bowl Subdivision team to have never won a championship with a 663-442-45 record.
8. Did anyone inform Mountaineer fans that they had a game coming up? More than 40,00 of the 73,504 tickets available for the Meineke Car Care Bowl have been purchased by Tar Heel fans.
10. Here's a great way to indoctrinate your kids into the Tar Heel World.
- Recruiting pitches: Big 12
- Recruiting pitches: ACC
- B1G OL coaches offering Pittsburgh OT
- Clemson Tigers top 2013 projected ACC standings - College Football
- ACC spring recruiting capsules
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.
- VIDEO: Kobe Bryant's two loves
- VIDEO: Superman Dwight -- stylin' and profilin'
- VIDEO: Ricky Rubio, on the verge of superstardom