Russell Westbrook for Slam Dunk Contest '09!
With Rudy Gay out of the Slam Dunk contest, shouldn't Russell Westbrook be in?
Get him to Phoenix this Saturday night.
Rudy Gay is out of the '09 Slam Dunk contest due to injury. As such, if the NBA is willing to throw in a fourth contestant on short notice, it seems logical it should be either Joe Alexander or Russell Westbrook, the two guys who lost to Rudy Fernandez in the NBA.Com vote-off. We love "Vanilla Sky" (our girl Elena at the office says, "If he gets in, he needs Penelope Cruz to throw him the bounce pass," and we agree), but check this out: a petition for Westbrook to enter the dunk contest. The guy could do some damage; peep this , for example. We say vote!
- 2013 NBA draft - Lottery team draft guide: Oklahoma City Thunder
- 2013 NBA playoffs: Five adjustments for Memphis Grizzlies
- 2013 NBA Playoffs - Game 2 adjustments for Zach Randolph
- 2013 NBA draft - Chad Ford Mock Draft 3.0
- 2013 NBA Playoffs - Memphis Grizzlies versus San Antonio Spurs Western Conference finals preview
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.
- VIDEO: Kobe Bryant's two loves
- VIDEO: Superman Dwight -- stylin' and profilin'
- VIDEO: Ricky Rubio, on the verge of superstardom