ESPN Insider: Are the White Sox headed for a fall?
AL Central is pretty deep, yes. What to make of the White Sox's chances in 2009?
"I clap not for Insider."
We hit up about eight weddings between Sept. '06 and August '07, all of 'em without girlfriends of our own. Depressing. To ease the emotional toll, we talked frequently of our own glorious bachelor party, when (if?) it happens. The dream: townhouses across from Wrigley Field. We got so hyped on the Cubs as we played out this fantasy that their NLDS loss last season was heartbreaking. White Sox? Pffft. They play at a place nicknamed "The Cell," for sam's sake! Then it dawned on us: we do work for ESPN, and the Sox do have a title far more recently than the Cubbies, so maybe we should learn about 'em. Hmmm. Good call. Here's a place to start, via ESPN Insider. ()
- CC Sabathia for Matt Kemp another trade of high-priced players that makes sense - MLB
- Five trades for Matt Wieters
- One deal for every AL team
- Konerko situation tricky for White Sox
- GMs with the toughest offseason jobs
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.