Clip Reel: The Bad Luke Harangody
A scout once said Harangody has a good NBA future, "projecting as a Matt Bonner-type." That's good?
Cue Barney Gumble: "Don't cry for me; I'm already dead."
In our college basketball preview issue, the central feature was on returning big men. In the article, Hasheem Thabeet basically called out Luke Harangody as soft; the blogosphere went nuts. See, back in October, people were legitimately picking Notre Dame to make the Final Four. If they make any final group of four, it now appears it'll be in New York, not Detroit. (We don't wanna say "we told you so," but Harangody's inability to contain Roy Hibbert last season in two games shoulda been a red flag.) We present you two clips of Harangody getting posterized, not to rub salt in the wounds (everyone gets posterized now and again) but to underscore a theme of the day: sorry, Mike Brey. Just sorry. Here's Clip 1, via Louisville and Clip 2, via UConn.
- Bars following father, not brothers, to ND
- Three-game stretch is make or break for USC Trojans
- Alabama tops ranking of nation's 10 most-talented teams for 2013 - College Football
- TE or DE for wanted 2015 Hentges?
- Why Notre Dame Fighting Irish are primed for an offensive breakthrough in 2013 - College Football
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.
- VIDEO: Kobe Bryant's two loves
- VIDEO: Superman Dwight -- stylin' and profilin'
- VIDEO: Ricky Rubio, on the verge of superstardom