Spent the weekend in Austin, Texas, for the Austin City Limits Music Festival (best in show: The Airborne Toxic Event), some UT football reporting and my yearly lesson in How to Save Words, Texas Style.
My English-to-Texan dictionary:
Are you doubting that Colt McCoy is a fine quarterback? = You think ol' Colt cain't play?
Absolutely he can = Hail he cain't!
You should consider attending = You prolly orta go.
You and your friends would do well to consider attending = All y'all prolly orta go.
Perhaps we should do that = We might could.
You and your friends probably shouldn't have hijacked the Sooner Schooner = All y'all prolly ort not a stolt the Schooner.
Since you and your friends each own very slow boats, is it possible to transport everybody at once on them? = Can all y'all's trawls haul all y'all?
- Reilly: Norv Turner deserves respect
- Reilly: A poem on the Saints
- Reilly: Ten new questions on Tiger Slam II
- Reilly: The beauty of closed captioning
- Reilly: How Tiger Woods can fix his image
- Reilly: Why I love sports journalism
- Reilly: A Thanksgiving reunion
- Reilly: An entirely green column
- Reilly: The culture of athlete tats
- Reilly: Calling a horse race is no picnic
- Reilly: Matt Barkley not your typical USC frosh
- Reilly: The life of Andre Agassi
- Reilly: You can take my ticket, but you can't take away my tailgate!
- Reilly: Colt McCoy's title quest
- Reilly: I've seen my share of bodies -- players really like to share
- Reilly: A review of Ochocinco's new book
- Reilly: Be like Mike? No thanks
- Reilly: Everyone has a hole-in-one. I want mine!
- Reilly: Only quit your team with good reason
- Reilly: In awe of the Williams sisters
- Reilly: A tale of two Little Leaguers
- Reilly: Camp Sundown shines with the Yankees in the Bronx
- Reilly: Remember us? We're UCLA football.
- Reilly: These champions need a lesson in winning gracefully
- Reilly: Tiger Woods needs to clean up his act
- Reilly: The 10 best sporting events to see live
- Reilly: Lance Armstrong loosens up
- Reilly: My plan for fixing the economy
- Reilly: You just won the U.S. Open, now act like it!
- Reilly: The softball coach with no heart
- Reilly: Alfred G. Rava takes A's to court
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.
- VIDEO: Kobe Bryant's two loves
- VIDEO: Superman Dwight -- stylin' and profilin'
- VIDEO: Ricky Rubio, on the verge of superstardom