Kelly Pavlik's success has revived Youngstown's amateur fight scene. Exhibit A: the Salinas brothers—(from left) Juan, 15; Alejandro, 13; Julian, 12; and Pedro, 9—who trainer Jack Loew says are among the best young boxers in the country.
Notable: Three state Junior Olympic titles, three regional Junior Olympic titles, second in National Junior Olympics, second in national Silver Gloves
Loew's Take: "Juan reminds me a ton of Kelly. He watches Kelly and idolizes Kelly, and he's the closest thing I've seen to him at this age. He boxes beautifully and the power is coming. He's going to be a great pro."
Notable: Four-time state Junior Olympic champion; four-time regional Junior Olympic champion; two-time national Silver Gloves runner-up
Loew's Take: "Popo reminds me of Manny Pacquiao. He throws 200 punches a round, and he stops people. He fought the Pennsylvania state champion in a fight show in September and he stole the show. He's the whole package."
Notable: State Junior Olympic champion; regional Junior Olympic runner-up
Loew's Take: "Julian is fun to watch. He's the wild one. He's got a world of talent, and at 85 pounds he punches harder than Popo. He just lacks experience now."
Notable: State Junior Olympic runner-up in first tournament
Loew's Take: "Pedro is the cutest thing in the world, like a little bug. He's a 60-pound whirlwind. Out of his five fights, he's stopped his opponent twice, which is very rare for a 9-year-old."
- NCB: Teams, systems and players to watch
- Derrick Rose on what it means to rep Chicago
- The Mag: Fashion Forward
- Harvick embraces role as Earnhardt's heir
- The unlikely backstory of NASCAR's most promising new drivers
- The Mag: How to crash
- The Mag: Athletes' kids finding prep success
- Mag: Inside the NCAA's Eligibility Center
- The Mag: The top 20 recruiters
- The Mag: The stories behind Georgia State football
- The Mag: The journey of Alexi Ogando
- Roenigk: Mark Ingram is tough to bring down
- Mag: Singletary's reshaping of Niners
- Mag: The rise of the Blackhawks
- Olney: October baseball is amazing
- The Mag: Ron Artest on himself
- The Mag: Pros share the best advice they got
- Bergeron: A look at the side careers of eight athletes
- Player X: In praise of quiet, rich owners
- Mag: Packers are best franchise in sports
- Reilly: Rocco didn't beat Tiger, but you'd think he did
- Simmons: It's hard to say goodbye to David Ortiz
- Blowing $66,000 on a College World Series game ... yeah, that qualifies as a meltdown.
- Racing needs to find a way to let drivers attempt to win both Indy and in Charlotte on the same day.
- The Gamer: Mike Swick and Rampage Jackson are avid gamers
- Bill Curry brings Georgia State football to life.
- VIDEO: Kobe Bryant's two loves
- VIDEO: Superman Dwight -- stylin' and profilin'
- VIDEO: Ricky Rubio, on the verge of superstardom