SportsNation 'Locked Into Webcam' Official Rules
SportsNation 'Locked Into Webcam' Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary
1. Eligibility: The Locked Into Webcam Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of 11/29/07. Employees of ESPN Starwave Partners d/b/a ESPN Internet Ventures ( the "Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and members of their immediate families and persons residing in the same household of each, are not eligible to participate. Immediate family is defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses. The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. Description of the Sweepstakes: How to Play. From November 29th through December 27th ( the "Promotion Period"),visit http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showid=sportsnation, to see a photo of the team that host John Siebel (or host on the webcam) puts as his lock of the week in the NFL during the Thursday web cast of ESPN Radio's SportsNation show at approximately 5:00 PM EST through 5:15 PM EST. Entrants will have the opportunity during this time to send an email to Sportsnation@espnradio.com with the correct name of the team whose picture is being displayed. There is a limit one (1) entry per person/household/email address for the duration of the Promotion Period.
3. Random Drawing. Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received on that particular day. Winners will be notified via email from which entry was made. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
4. Daily Prizes/Approximate Retail Values. Prizes will be chosen from the ESPN Prize Vault. ARV: ($20)
5. General Conditions. Participants certify that they have read and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
6. Affidavit of Eligibility/ Liability Release. The potential prize winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner's name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, winners agree to hold Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Competition or in the announcement of the prize.
7. Prize Restrictions/Taxes. All costs, including federal, state and local taxes and other expenses not specifically identified as included in the prize, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption or substitution of prizes (or portion of prize) except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability and then for a prize (or applicable portion of prize) of equal or greater value as determined by Sponsor. If any prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that: Released Parties and their designees and assigns shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor, including but not limited to breaking news, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), labor controversy or threat thereof, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes and, in the event of termination or suspension, at its discretion, select winners from among eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event requiring such termination or suspension.
Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of the prize winners, including without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports. To the extent necessary under law, prize winners shall authorize this background check. Sponsor may also take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to Sponsor by prize winners in his/her interview. In that regard, prize winners will be obligated to provide necessary contacts and information so that Sponsor may conduct such investigation. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify prize winners from any prize element, based on the background check.
Email Change of Address Policy: It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsor if his or her email address changes. To do so, send an email to Sportsnation@espnradio.com with your address change.
8. System Malfunctions. Additional entries beyond the specified limit from any one person, household or email address will be void. The name of the "authorized account holder" associated with any given email address will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Proof (to Sponsor's satisfaction) of being the authorized account holder may be required by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries, mail or subscription cards, email messages; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections including those through www.espnradio.com; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; printing or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise. The use of automated entry or similar devices is prohibited and entries received through such prohibited devices are void. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail for Sweepstakes purposes only.
9. Disputes. Participants agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York (Southern Division) or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York, New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expense, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
10. Winners' List. Names of winners will be posted on http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showid=sportsnation after December 4, 2007 for a period of 30 days.
11. Sponsor. ESPN Starwave Partners d/b/a ESPN Internet Ventures, 605 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10158.